BOOK REVIEW: Standing On A Whale by B.J. Tiernan
Hadden becomes a mentor and father figure to Lance. He enlightens Lance by leading him to face his inner fears and demons, as well as find his inner peace and sanctuary. We clearly see Lance's transformation as he discovers the true meaning of friendship, caring, and love. Hadden is instrumental in Lance's new outlook on life and his purpose in it.
Standing On A Whale is a true gem. B.J. Tiernan combines the elements of mystery, suspense, romance and psychological thriller into an unforgettable story. Her writing style is descriptive, engaging and intense. She brings the characters to life and moves the story, effortlessly, from chapter to chapter. B.J. not only gives you an enjoyable read, but she weaves in some life points along the way. These may lead to your own journey of self-discovery and transformation. I highly recommend this book.
Some of my favorite quotes from Standing On A Whale:1. "You must choose your own path and craft your own course."
2. "Love is such a misunderstood idea-only a handful can grasp it."
3. "Transformation is unbecoming who you've been up to now."
4. "It is impossible to open up to new ideas while holding on tightly to old ones."
5. "Life is a mystery, a splendid, wondrous dance."
6. "Only my books are important."
7. "Ultimately you must surrender to life."